Saturday, January 14, 2012

Plan




















Alright, so I have used Blogspot before, but for whatever reason I've never had this much trouble getting my post to look the way I want it. Whatever.

My plan for my final image is to have a scene that looks like it could be from an episode of Doctor Who. Hopefully, I can utilize most of the tools we have covered so far.

My images include, but are not limited to:
-the base image of a lake
-the TARDIS
-two statues
-?? (I may add more if I think it looks like I didn't do much. Why go with subtle when you can go with gaudy?)

Since the TARDIS has a white background, I was going to try and replace it with green so I could use swapbg() and place it on the bank of the lake. I have to appropriately scale and place it, which would further require some of the tools we have learned.

The two statues will be interesting. One of them has a lot of background, the other has a simple blue background. The one with a lot of background will probably have to be taken into Photoshop and edited a bit to get it just right, but the other one I should be able to also use swapbg(). My plan is to have one of the statues on the bank and have the other one reflected in the water. It should look like the same statue but in different poses--it's supposed to look alien/mysterious but it may just look goofy, at which point I may have to reconsider a) my life and b) my plan. To make this look right, I'll have to rotate one of the images of the statues, mess with its transparency and its intensity--it must look like it is being reflected in the water.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. YOu may be able to make the background of the tardis using just JES since the background is white. It would be an interesting challenge. (The tricky bit would be to avoid greening the windows...)
    Don;t question your life due to this work. The weeping angels could use a it of humor, so if it goes awry just put on a brave face and assert ot was the plan all along. Psychic paper as needed.
    See moodle for a private note

    ReplyDelete